If you are reading this, you value your family’s health. You only want the best when it comes to preventative and urgent dental care. When you are shopping for a gentle dental care in Peachtree city, there are several things to look for. Check out this list of questions and characteristics from the American Dental Association and Parkside Dental Practice.
Initial Search Results
An online search of local dentist offices in your area will likely yield multiple results. To narrow down your results consider the following questions:
- Do the office hours fit your schedule?
- Are they open late or on the weekends?
- Do they offer on-call emergency services?
- How far away is the office from your home or workplace?
- What educational training does the dentist and dental assistants have?
- Does the practice encourage continued educational training for all its employees?
- Is the practice up-to-date on the latest industry standards and advances?
- Do they offer a variety of anesthesia options?
- How do they handle children or patients with dental anxiety?
- Do they accept your insurance or offer payment plans?
- What is their missed appointments policy?
First Office Visit
When you visit an office for the first time, here are a few things to watch out for.
- Is the office easy to locate and get to?
- Is the office clean and organized?
- Do surfaces, countertops, and equipment pass the white-glove test?
- Is the staff polite, helpful, and eager to answer questions?
- Does the staff wear the appropriate safety gear like gloves and masks when working on patients?
- How frequently does the staff wash their hands and equipment?
- Do they have a special exam room and equipment for pediatric procedures?
If you or a member of your family has special needs, it is important to make sure your new dentist can meet these needs.
- Is the facility easily accessible for patients who are wheelchair bound?
- Do they cater to patients who are deaf, blind, or speak a different language?
- How does the dental staff treat children and patients with mental or physical disabilities?
- Does the dentist or dental staff have experience with special needs patients?
- Do they offer discounts or financial assistance for low-income patients?
Preventive maintenance and urgent dental care in Peachtree City is an important part of your family’s health and well-being. For more information on the best practices in your area, contact your local professionals at Parkside Dental Practice.