Dental emergencies don’t always occur at opportune times. Whether you’re dealing with a sports injury or a missing crown, you need help and you need it fast. When your family dentist isn’t available and you need dental attention, it’s always best to seek emergency dental help. To help you find the right office offering urgent dental care in Sharpsburg, GA, here are a few things to consider.
- Where are they located? In the case of most dental emergencies, the closer the clinic, the better. This is especially important if a tooth has been knocked out. The longer you have to drive to get to an urgent care dental clinic, the more your chances of your tooth dying increases. Do your best to find a location that is close by.
- Do they accept your insurance? Not all dental facilities accept every type of dental insurance. Before you select an urgent care clinic, it’s important to ask whether or not they will submit a claim to your carrier. If they don’t, you’ll be required to pay for your visit out of pocket. Understanding this beforehand can help you to make a decision as to which office you should visit.
- Are there discounts for those without dental insurance? If you don’t have dental insurance, you know just how expensive dental care can be. When dealing with an emergency, you’re looking at an even higher price. Once you’ve located a few different dental clinics that treat emergencies, ask whether or not they offer discounts or payment plan options for those without insurance. This could save you a lot in the long run.
- What types of professional associations do they belong to? The best dental clinics are members of the American Dental Association. This means that they are required to abide by the ADA code. This code include a principle of ethics, code for professional conduct, and advisory opinions. A membership with an organization like this helps to ensure that you are treated correctly no matter what the situation may be.
- Is there anesthesia available? Depending on your dental emergency, immediate action may be required. If this is the case, anesthesia could help you to relax and ensure that no pain is felt. Ask each prospective dental clinic what type of anesthetic they are licensed to administer.
- What is the follow-up protocol? After a dental emergency, you’ll be sent home to recover. Should you have a question or an issue, you need to know who to call and how it will be handled. Make sure that your urgent care clinic has steps in place to accommodate any follow up issues that may arise.
- Is the facility clean? Upon arriving at your chosen emergency dental care center, take a look around. Do you feel comfortable being treated there? If it isn’t clean or the equipment seems out of date, don’t be afraid to go elsewhere. While you might be in pain, it’s better to be treated in a sterile environment and with the latest technology and tools.
A dental emergency requires immediate attention. With these helpful tips, you’ll be able to find the right facility to provide you with the emergency dental care in Sharpsburg, GA, that you need.